Learn how to make Suji Idli/Rava Idli at home Only On Variety Vantalu.
Subscribe & Stay Tuned:
Rava Idli is a South-Indian breakfast recipe that is healthy and tasty as well. It tastes best when paired with red chutney or coconut chutney. Do try this instant breakfast recipe at home and do not forget to share your feedback in the comments below.
Low calorie and healthy idli recipe with rava, the rava idlis are spongy, soft and quite easy to prepare.
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 Green Chillies, chopped
10-12 Curry leaves
1 tsp Split chickpeas
1 tbsp Urad Dal
1 cup Semolina
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
1 cup Yoghurt
Vegetables (Carrot, Green peas, 1 onion, coriander leaves)
Water as required
Method of preparation:
– Heat oil in a vessel, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chilies, saute it nicely.
– Add curry leaves, chana dal, urad dal, saute them until the lentils turn red.
– Add semolina, salt, turmeric powder, roast them on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
– Transfer the semolina mixture on to a bowl and let it cool.
– Heat water in a steamer.
– Grease the idli molds and place a cashew, carrot, coriander leaves in each mold.
– Add yogurt to the semolina mixture and whisk it nicely.
– Add green peas, carrot, onion, coriander leaves, water, mix well and keep the batter aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
– Add baking powder, mix well and pour it into the idli molds.
– Sprinkle some red chili powder, keep it inside the steamer and let it cook for 15 minutes.
– Demold the idlis once it cools down.
– Our Healthy Rava Idli is ready to eat.
Director: Vishal Chavan
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamare, Akshay Sawant, Vishal Chavan
Editor: Kishore Rai
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited