Chinese ‘fried’ rice in a cooker – cheats recipe
This is the ultimate cheats recipe for Chinese ‘fried’ rice ala me, unlike any other fried rice you don’t have to par boil anything and don’t have to use cooked rice, this is the fastest way to make a healthy wholesome meal in minutes. Optionally you can add chicken or prawns to this dish and the cooking time stays the same, enjoy.
1 Cup Basmati Rice, uncooked
3 tsp Garlic, chopped
2 tsp Ginger, chopped
1 tsp Green Chili, chopped
1/2 cup Brocolli flowerets
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Carrot, small dice
1/4 cup Cabbage, sliced
1/4 cup String beans, pieces
1 Onion leek, chopped
4 tbsp Cooking oil
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Synthetic Vinegar
1. Heat oil in the cooker, add Ginger, Garlic and chilies, sauté for a minute.
2. Add the veggies and sauté for a minute.
3. Add uncooked rice and season with salt.
4. Pour enough of water to cover the top of the rice by half an inch.
5. Put the lid on reduce the flame to the lowest and cook just until the whistle is about to blow, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes, release the steam and open the lid.