Chinese Leftover Rice Cakes (Asian Style Cooking Recipe)
Welcome to my Asian kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei and my goal is to make your cooking simple and exciting. Ever since my Mother showed me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and learn new Chinese recipes.
Turn your leftover rice into something delicious
250g Cooked Rice
2 Slices of Ham
½ Red Pepper
10g Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tsp Yellow or Black Bean Sauce
1 Spring Onion
20g Plain Flour
Salt to Taste
1. Finely chop the ginger, garlic and spring onion.
2. Mix ginger, garlic & spring onion with bean sauce in a bowl.
3. Dice the cucumber, red pepper and ham.
4. Break egg into a mixing bowl and beat until light.
5. Add the red pepper, ham, cucumber, ginger and garlic bean sauce, rice and salt.
6. Mix ingredients well, then add cornflour (& PLAIN FLOUR), squeeze and mix well with your hand.
7. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in the frying pan
8. Place 2 – 4 baking rings onto frying pan, fill 2 Tbsp of the rice mixture into each ring and flatten with a spoon.
9. Brush with oil and sprinkle sesame seeds.
10. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden, remove the rings
11. Turn the rice cake to the other side, brush with oil and sprinkle sesame seeds and fry for 3 minutes until golden
12. Transfer to a dish and serve
Thanks for watching, if you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian recipes:
Asian Chicken Recipes:
Asian Beef Recipes:
Asian Lamb Recipes:
Asian Pork Recipes:
Asian Stir-Fry Recipes:
Asian Vegetarian Recipes:
Asian Seafood Recipes:
Asian Rice & Noodle Recipes: