This iconic staple of India just got a healthy makeover. Try this simple, nutritious yet delicious version of your favorite dish and enjoy health benefits like never before. Highly recommended for diabetics
CHOLE PALAK RECIPE
Serves: – 4
Preparation time: – 30-45 mins
Chole soaked and boiled- 250 gms
(Soak in water for 7-8 hrs)
Palak leaves chopped – 1 bunch
Onion chopped- 2 nos.
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Ginger green chili paste – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 3 to 4 nos.
Hing – ¼ tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
Dhania powder – ½ tbsp
Jeera powder – ½ tbsp
Garam Masala powder- ½ tbsp
Amchur powder -1/4 tbsp
1. Soak the dried chole overnight in water for 7-8 hours.
2. Drain and add the chole with 3-4 cups of water in pressure cooker.
3. Pressure-cook the chole till they are cooked completely Upto 3 whistles.
4. Meanwhile, prepare green chillies, garlic and ginger paste and also prepare the tomato puree.
5. In a vessel filled with water, add spinach and blanch for 2-3 mins. Drain under cold tap water (Running under cold tap water will help maintain the green colour of spinach). Once cooled puree the spinach to a thick consistency. (Do not throw away the water in which spinach is blanched, as you can use the same to cook chole thus retaining all nutrients from spinach).
6. Take a cooking vessel add oil and cloves.
7. Then add onions and sauté till they are slightly golden brown in colour. Add ginger garlic green chilli paste and hing powder & sauté for 2 mins.
8. Now add all dry spice powder and sauté the paste properly for 2 mins.
9. Now add tomato puree and cook for 5 mins till the sides of the pan start leaving oil.
10. Add boiled chole and mix well and add spinach puree.Mix well and let it cook for 2 mins
11. Add salt as per the taste and let it cook for 5 mins
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with plain chapattis or jeera rice or parathas.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFIT: –
Chickpeas are high in fibre and thus helpful in improving blood sugar levels, insulin levels and lipid levels.These beans are rich source of proteins, iron, phosphate, calcium and folate thus providing vital nutrients required to maintain good health. Because of its high fibre content they help provide satiety and thus maintain weight. Added to it spinach –a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Rich in antioxidants, which help lower glucose levels and increases insulin sensitivity in diabetics.it also helps decrease peripheral neuropathy. It is good for bone health, skin and hair.
SPEAK Health by Sun Pharma is about having simple conversations in care. SPEAK Health empowers you with the knowledge that enables you to take better responsibility for your treatment.
Sun Pharma Education & Awareness Kaleidoscope – Reaching People. Touching Lives. !!!
Like us on Facebook: &
Subscribe us Youtube: