Fix your summer Hot Pot (火锅) craving with this Healthy Coconut Chicken Hot Pot. What makes the broth so popular is the coconut water, which gives a sweet, juicy taste to anything you toss into the pot.
The coconut chicken hot pot originated from Hainan, China. Chef Bao shows you how to make this amazing coconut chicken broth with step by step instructions. Don’t skimp on your dipping sauce – great coconut chicken hot pot relies on a side sauce.
#hotpot #howto #coconut
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
Everything you need to know about hot pot:
Coconut Chicken Hot Pot
*Coconut soup base
1 Kopyor coconut
300 g Young cocount
800 g Chicken
2 tbsp Jujube
1/5 cup Ginger
½ tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Wolfberry
6 cup Water
*Dipping sauce (Hainan Style)
1 tbsp minced Chili pepper
1 tbsp minced Ginger
1 tbsp minced Garlic
1 tbsp minced Coriander
1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Water
200 g Shrimp
500 g Beef (Sliced)
150 g Fish fillet (Sliced)
1. Open the coconut (Poke the hole on the surface, crack it.), keeping coconut water and copra. Slice copra.
2. Transfer copra to a blender, and pour in coconut water. Blend it into coconut cream. Pour in a large bowl (Use sifter). Set aside.
3. Cut half of chicken roughly. Set aside.
4. In a large pot, put in jujube, ginger, wolfberry and salt. Pour in the coconut cream. Bring to boil. Place chicken inside. Cook well.
5. Add the meat, seafood, veggies and other hot pot ingredients into the pot. Enjoy!
*How to make Dipping sauce
In a small dish, whisk in minced chili, minced ginger, minced garlic, minced coriander, lemon juice, soy sauce and water. Mix well.
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.