Have you ever made homemade pumpkin pie from scratch? You’re in for a treat!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here:
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
In this video, Carolyn is sharing her favorite homemade pumpkin pie recipe made from homegrown, home-cured, baked and pureed pie pumpkins. But homemade pumpkin pie isn’t the only thing this custard recipe is great for, she’ll also be sharing how she transforms this healthy custard into a family-favorite breakfast. (No one has ever complained about pie for breakfast, right?)
To download the recipes for Carolyn’s go-to pie crust and homemade pumpkin pie (plus other holiday recipes) click here:
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here:
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at and on Facebook at
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop leads to a sale on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop that leads to a sale on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning that leads to a sale on our masterclass, The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.