On today’s episode of Live Lean TV, I’m showing you how to make a gluten free paleo biscuits recipe.
✔ Get the full recipe on the blog:
✔ Weekly Meal Plans at Team Live Lean:
✔ Free Live Lean Starter Guide:
✔ Simplify Your Diet With Live Lean 20:
OTHER AWESOME COOKING RECIPE VIDEOS:
✔ How To Make A Healthy Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe (JUST 8 MINUTES):
✔ How To Make A Quick And Simple Shrimp Recipe (IN LESS THAN 3 MINUTES):
✔ How To Make Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes (SLOW COOKER PORK):
READ OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE:
✔ Blog Post:
Subscribe and Live Lean 365 days a year with us:
I’ve said it time and time again, Living Lean is not about eating dull and boring foods. You can eat pretty much anything you like, as long as you prepare it with higher quality ingredients. And that’s exactly what we’re doing on today’s episode of Brad’s Cookbook.
This recipe idea came from a fellow Live Leaner who was looking for a healthy biscuit recipe. And we hit a home run with this moist and delicious gluten free paleo biscuits recipe.
This gluten free paleo biscuits recipe only uses 6 ingredients and takes approximately 20 minutes total for preparation and baking time.
How to make a gluten free paleo biscuits recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings : 4
– 1 cup egg whites
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
– 3/4 cup almond flour (or ground up whole almonds in a blender)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (or pink Himalayan salt)
– 1 & 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
– avocado oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a muffin baking sheet. Spray with a little non-stick avocado oil cooking spray to ensure the biscuits don’t stick to the parchment paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup of coconut flour, 3/4 cup of almond flour (or ground up almonds), 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of sea salt (or pink himalayan salt), and finally 1 & 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil.
4. Stir up the mixture, then put it into the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Add 6 egg whites to a separate bowl, then whisk them until frothy.
6. Add the 6 egg whites to the mixture then whisk until the batter reaches a smooth consistency.
7. Once the batter reaches the desired consistency, scoop 1/4 cup of batter and place it on the baking sheet. You can also use an ice cream scoop. If needed, with a fork, flatten and mold each to form the shape of a biscuit.
8. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until golden on top.
9. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Nutrition information (per biscuit):
So there you have your healthy gluten free paleo biscuits.
How do gluten free paleo biscuits taste?
These gluten free paleo biscuits are moist and taste good, as they have a buttery flavor. If you ever need to make biscuits, go the healthy Live Lean route and make these gluten free paleo biscuits.
This is just another example of when you use real healthy ingredients, you don’t have to skimp on what you eat. Living Lean is not about eating boring foods. You can even make biscuits, just by adding healthy ingredients to the recipe. That’s how you Live Lean.
By the way, since I haven’t had a biscuit in such a long time, I had to go searching for a healthy biscuit recipe online. Luckily, I came across Simply Living Healthy and their healthy Perfect Paleo Biscuit:
I was first drawn in that their recipe was gluten free and paleo friendly. Then I looked at the ingredients and they were exactly what I was hoping for. Clean and healthy.
WANT MORE DAILY TIPS ON HOW TO LIVE LEAN?:
Welcome to Live Lean TV. The online fitness and nutrition show, hosted by Brad Gouthro and Jessica Gouthro, teaching you how to LIVE THE LEAN LIFESTYLE 365 days a year. Watch hundreds of fat blasting & muscle building workouts, easy and delicious recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips to get you your dream body (and maintain it 365 days a year). Make sure you click the SUBSCRIBE button for new fitness and nutrition shows every week!
Business Enquiries: info@LiveLeanTV.com