SCROLL DOWN FOR RECIPES
If you want to make nutritious food quickly with plenty of leftovers, this is the recipe for you. You won’t go hungry for DAYS! I try to stick to whole food ingredients so I’d normally make tortillas from scratch, but you don’t always have time for that. The organic raw tortillas from Costco are amazing…and cheap!
COMMENT some of your favorite quick recipes below that I can veganize and get creative with! I love to turn people’s favorite dishes into nutritious yet still delicious recipes.
Make it a great day and thank you for the love and support always,
Jess, The Plant Killer
Black Bean/Chickpea Taquitos- 6 servings
-1 medium onion, chopped
-1 red bell pepper, chopped
-1/2 can black beans
-1/2 can chickpeas
-1/2 cup tomato sauce
-1 tbsp garlic
-Spice mix (1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cayanne pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp sea salt)
-cashew cheese (OPTIONAL) *
-6 raw tortillas
Stuffed Bell Pepper- 4 servings
-2 large bell peppers
-1 cup mashed black beans/chickpeas
-1/3 cup whole black beans
-1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
-1/2 cup spinach, chopped
-1 tbsp vegetable bouillon
-1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
-your favorite vegan cheese (homemade cashew cheese recipe below *)
*Cashew Cheese Sauce Recipe
-1 cup soaked cashews
-3.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
-3/4 cup water
-1/2 tsp cumin
-2 garlic cloves
-1/4 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-splash liquid aminos
1. Blend all ingredients together.
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with silicon sheets.
2. Mash the black beans and chickpeas together in a bowl. Water sautée onions and peppers in a skillet until translucent. Add garlic and spices and cook for 3 minutes then add bean mix and tomato sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Take raw tortillas and place 1/3 cup of mixture on each tortilla and roll tightly and line them up next to each other with tortilla seam-side down.
4. For the stuffed pepper filling, add mushrooms, whole black beans, spinach, cooked quinoa, and bouillon to the leftover taquito filling mixture in the pan. Mix well for 2 minutes.
5. Slice the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and white membranes. Place the bell peppers skin side down on the baking sheet with the uncooked taquitos.
6. Bake the taquitos and bell peppers for 15-20 minutes until brown around the edges. Remove from the oven, fill the peppers with the pan mixture and add your favorite non dairy cheese. Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm!
#veganfood #healthyrecipes #vegano #veganmexicanfood #bikini