Fresh pasta is at the heart of Italian cooking and this recipe for how to make a traditional type of Spaghetti, (known as “Maccheroni alla Chitarra”) will show you just how easy it is! With 2 ingredients, a pasta maker, and my Nonna’s experienced hands, making fresh pasta has never been so simple.
#freshpasta #howtomakepasta #italiangrandma
Buy Imperia Pasta Machine and make pasta like Nonna:
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe:
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog:
HOW TO MAKE FRESH PASTA FEAT NONNA IGEA (Buy Imperia Pasta Machine this is Nonna’s favorite machine and lasts forever)
INGREDIENTS: (For 6 pax)
Wooden board for kneading the pasta dough
Fresh Pasta making machine
1. To make the fresh pasta, pour the flour on to your board/table.
2. Make a small-medium size mound using the flour and create a well in the centre.
3. Crack each egg onto the plate, then drop it into the well. This will prevent any unwanted egg shell remnants from getting inside the flour.
4. Whisk the eggs carefully using a fork.
5. Bring the edges of the flour into the centre with the fork, and quickly continue to cover them all the way around. Keep doing this (making sure the egg doesn’t run away!) until all of the eggs have folded into the flour. You will need to use your hands at this point.
6. Begin to mix it together using both hands until the dough for the fresh pasta begins to form.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Keep some extra flour close by and sprinkle it over your hands as you knead the dough to get rid of the excess sticky bits that are likely to be all over them!
7. Keep kneading the dough so that it begins to firm up and also smooth out.
8. Cover the fresh pasta dough and let it rest for ½ hour.
9. After ½ hr, check that you are happy with the texture of the dough by pressing down softly on it using both palms.
10. Cut a couple of slices from the main piece – approx. 2-2.5cm thick, and feed them through the largest slot in your fresh pasta making machine. Each time it passes through, fold it together and repeat.
VINCENZO’S NONNA’S TIP: Make sure you cover the remaining dough each time you finish using it to stop it from drying out and also so that it doesn’t continue to rise.
11. Work your way down to the thinner options until you get the smooth consistency required. You might need to sprinkle some added flour on top of the sheet, to prevent it from sticking.
12. It is then time to pass the pasta sheets through the correct option for CHITARRA!
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Cook with a rich tomato base sauce and garnish it with delicious fresh basil leaves over the top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel!
Follow me on:
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution”
Song: Duetto Comico (Musica Abruzzese)
Artists: Valentina Paolini (Soprano)
Nunzio Fazzini (Tenor)
Giacomo di Tollo (Pianist)
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes,Italian food recipes, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes, homemade pasta, how to make pasta, fresh pasta, Italian cuisine, how to cook, cooking show, cooking, delicious, modern, Italian food recipes, pasta recipes