Thandai recipe is a traditional Indian cold drink recipe. Thandai has a special significance on Shiva Ratri and Holi festivals. An authentic thandai recipe is made by some rich ingredients like Pistachios, Saffron and other more. Thandai is considered as a very good energy drink in India. It also prevents from heat strokes because of which it is very popular drink recipe in North India.
Full fat milk, Poppy seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Rock sugar, Chopped Almond,Chooped Pistachios, Saffron, Pepper powder, Cardamom, Sanuf, Rose petal jam(Gulkand)
1. In a mixer jar add Sanuf, Poppy seeds, Pumpkin seeds,Cardamom, Pepper powder and grind it in powder consistency.
2. Now put that powder in a small thin cotton cloth and tie a knot and make a small bag.
3. In a pan heat milk on medium flame now add Saffron, Chopped Almond, Chooped Pistachios and Rock sugar and let it simmer on medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. After that turn off the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes than add Rose petal jam(Gulkand) and mix it well and let it cool down on room temperature.
( if you don’t like gulkand strands than you can add gulkand into mixer jar with other ingredients )
5. After milk is on room temperature add that small bag which we made earlier and refrigerate it for at least 3 to 4 hours.
6. After 4 hours remove the bag from milk don’t forget to squeeze it into the milk.
Your thandai is ready to serve. Serve it chill.
To subscribe click the link below:
Follow us on twitter:
Like our facebook page:
This Music from:
Hope you like video please click the like button, also comment down here your suggestions and thoughts.
Happy Cooking !!!