Pasta and Beans is a quick and flavorful dish that is perfect for weeknight dinners. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish mislead you, it is a very hearty authentic Italian meal.
Pasta and Beans, also known as Pasta e Fagioli, was a staple in my grandmother’s life when she grew up living in Italy. It is also the same dish that was passed down to my mother when she grew up. It has become one of those dishes I love to make on a cold day, wearing my comfy clothes, relaxing on the couch in a warm blanket wrapping me up and eating out of a big soup bowl. Yum Yum
VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR PRINTABLE RECIPES:
▬ WATCH MORE GREAT FAMILY MEALS VIDEOS! ▬
▬ RECIPE ▬
Pasta and Beans Recipe
2 -3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
½ Onion, diced
1 Celery stalk, finely diced
1 cup Tomatoes, diced
1 14 oz can Beans
1 Bay Leaf, Optional
1 cup Water, more can be added if thinner sauce is preferred
8 oz Pasta
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, add olive oil, garlic and celery. Cook over medium high heat until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
3. Add Bay leaf and beans and water. Cook for another15 minutes on low heat.
4. While the beans are cooking, pasta can be cooked in salted water.
5. Once pasta is cooked, add to bean sauce. Pasta water can be added to the dish is you prefer it juicier.
6. Bring to a boil, remove bay leaf and taste for seasoning
7. Garnish with parmesan cheese
▬ COMMENTS ▬
If you have any questions or comments, please post them below. I’m happy to answer questions and I look forward to hearing from you!
▬ GREENOLIVE SOCIAL MEDIA ▬
▶ Contact Me via email, go to:
▬ PRODUCTS FREQUENTLY USED IN MY VIDEOS! ▬
▶Here is a link to my website where I am the seller of these products through Amazon.
▬ ABOUT THIS CHANNEL ▬
Ciao! I’m Lucia Oliverio and this is a channel where I bring wholesome meals and memories through Italian cooking to your kitchen.