Click the link below if you want to donate to PBJ!
Follow Me On Social Media
12oz Package Ziti Pasta
1lb Ground Beef
1lb Italian Sausage
1 Small Onion, chopped
4 Tbs Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Large Egg
2-1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
2-1/2 Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
4oz Ricotta Cheese
5oz Sour Cream
(2) 24oz Marinara Sauce
4 tbs Diced Tomatoes
2 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Salt
1 Tbs Parsley Flakes
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tsp Basil
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1. Fill a pot up with water and place over high heat.
2. Once water comes to a boil, add Ziti and boil for 8-9 minutes. Afterwards, drain water and sit aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, ricotta, 1 egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, 1 tsp salt, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp pepper, and a 1/2 cup marinara sauce, then stir in well.
4. Stir Ziti into the mixture, then sit aside.
5. Place a pan over medium-high heat, add ground beef, and Italian sausage and break meat up while frying.
6. Once meat browns, add chopped onions and minced garlic.
7. Season with 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, then stir in well and cook until well done. Drain any excess oil.
8. Add marinara sauce, dice tomatoes, and sugar, then stir in well.
9. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Add meat sauce to bottom of baking pan, followed by 1/2 cup mozzarella & parmesan cheese and Ziti. Continue layering the way you desire, but make sure to top with meat sauce and cheese.
11. Top with parsley flakes, then place in oven.