A field of data that can be used to locate a related field or row of data. The process of assessing the degree to which a proposed system solves business problems or takes advantage of business opportunities. Systems development methodologies and techniques based on objects rather than data or processes. A structure that encapsulates attributes and the methods that operate on those attributes.
It is an abstraction of a real-world thing in which data and processes are placed together to model the structure and behavior of the real-world object. The process of converting complex data structures into simple, stable data structures. A measurement of error occurrences that can be tracked over time to indicate the quality of a system.
The ease with which software can be understood, corrected, adapted, and enhanced. The part of the design phase of the SDLC in which all functional features of the system chosen for development are described independently of any computer platform. System documentation that is part of the program source code or is generated at compile time.
The fourth phase of the SDLC in which the information system is coded, tested, installed, and supported in the organization. Verb&noun identifier and description of a business work practice and processes that yield valued products and services. A graphical representation of a project that shows each task as a horizontal bar whose length is proportional to its time for completion.
Specification that preserves the integrity of the logical data model. A generic ISP methodology that identifies and defines IS development projects based upon solving operational business problems adobe-flash-player-ie.down4you.software or taking advantage of some business opportunities.
- It’s kind of like assembling flat-pack furniture or a set of LEGO with instructions.
- You can upgrade it at any time to keep it current without buying a new machine (since there’s less likelihood of proprietary or soldered-on parts), or even overclock it to access some extra power.
- Case—the PC case is what holds all the internal components together in a structure.
- If the length of this guide or the complexity of the components seem intimidating, don’t worry.
- After you’ve picked out everything that goes inside, it’s time to put them together and enclose them in a case.
System documentation that includes the outcome of structured diagramming techniques, such as data flow and entity-relationship diagrams. The set of all data types and values that an attribute can assume. A data warehouse that is limited in scope; its data are obtained by selecting and summarizing data from the enterprise data warehouse. A picture of the movement of data between external entities and the processes and data stores within a system.